With this tutorial you can easily locate your device without the need of third-party applications.
Either because he left his cell phone in a taxi, his cell phone was stolen or because he doesn’t remember where he left it, help will always be needed to locate him. Android offers a function in which you can not only locate your device, but in case you anticipate that it will not return to your hands, you can lock it or format it remotely
The ‘Find my device’ tool is automatically activated from the moment you enter your Google account on a cell phone, an Android tablet or a Wear OS watch. The only requirements to use this function is that your device must be turned on, have accessed a Google account, be connected to a mobile data network or WiFi and have the location activated.
Locate your android phone from another device
- Login to android.com/find from a computer, tablet or cell phone and access your Google account.
- If you have more than one device, click on the one that has been lost at the top of the screen.
- If the device has more than one user profile, sign in with the Google Account that is in the main profile.
- The lost device will receive a notification.
- See the location of the device on the map. Keep in mind that the location is approximate, so it may not be accurate.
- In case your device is not found, you will see your last known location, if available.
Once in the ‘Find my device’ tool, choose what you want to do. If necessary, first click on ‘Enable’ in the options to block and delete.
- Play sound
With this option you can sound your device with the maximum volume for 5 minutes, even if it is set to silent or vibration.
- Lock your cell phone
This function allows you to lock your device with the PIN, pattern or password. If you don’t have any blockages, at this point you can configure it. In addition, you can add a message or a phone number to the lock screen of your cell phone so you can retrieve it.
- Delete the information
This section is very useful for those who have stolen their cell phone and want to preserve the privacy of personal data. With this option you can permanently erase all data on your device (the contents of the SD cards may not be deleted). However, you should keep in mind that after removing them, “Find my device” will not work on your cell phone.